How can you help?
Casey Key is truly one of Sarasota’s hidden gems. As residents, we enjoy access to the bay, beaches and the beautiful turquoise waters of the Gulf. Even in this wonderful setting, however, we face challenges to the ecosystem of our barrier island. We are seeing effects on marine and wildlife habitat, especially our beaches, that threatens both public infrastructure and private property.
The Casey Key Association is Taking Action:
- The CKA has taken an active leadership role in working with County, State, and Federal officials to develop and implement effective measures to maintain, protect and enhance our treasured environment for the long term.
- A full time committee of the CKA has been formed to champion this effort.
- When appropriate, the CKA will work jointly with other coastal associations, and important organizations, such as such as MOTE, to heighten our effectiveness.
- We expect this to be a multi-year effort, that will benefit all of the residents, visitors and businesses serving Casey Key .
In order to make this effort work, we have engaged legal and engineering professionals to assist us in developing solutions and steering them through the various governmental entities whose support will be required. This will cost money, and this is where we need your help.
Under the auspices of the Gulf Coast Community Foundation, a Florida 501(c)(3), the CKA and the Casey Key Foundation Fund Advisors have established a charitable fund, The Casey Key Ecosystem Fund, to be used solely for this purpose. We are now seeking tax-deductible donations for this fund. Amounts from $200 to $5,000 are encouraged, but any amount will be appreciated. We also plan to make further appeals as needed.
Please consider donating today by check, credit card, wire/ACH, DAF grant or stock transfer as follows:
- Check: Make payable to Gulf Coast Community Foundation:
- Include a memo or attach a letter that designates the gift to The Casey Key Ecosystem Fund
- Mail to The Gulf Coast Community Foundation, 601 Tamiami Trail South, Venice, FL 34285
2. Credit Card: Gulf Coast Community Foundation website: www.gulfcoastcf.org/give-fund
- Select Gulf Coast Community Foundation Fund then,
- Note that the donation is for The Casey Key Ecosystem Fund in the special instructions box
3. Wire/ACH, DAF grant or stock transfer: Call GCCF for assistance at 941-486-4606.
All gifts of $250 or more will receive a gift acknowledgement letter from the Gulf Coast Community Foundation.
Thank you for your consideration.
Lisa Napolitano, President | The Casey Key Association
Note: The GULF COAST COMMUNITY FOUNDATION is a Florida 501(c)(3). A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION (CH6520) AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352). REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.